1/1/09

let's hear those new years resolutions.

I really can't even believe 2008 is already over! What a great year. It was full of growing experiences and good times. But when one good year ends, another begins. We make changes and we make new years resolutions. I've got four.
    1. Truly strive to be an example of Christ in all times, all things and all places.
    2. Never ignore a prompting given by the Holy Ghost. (whether it be to serve someone who needs it, or to bear my testimony, or anything. i want the lord to be able to depend on me.)
    3. Make an effort to say my prayers in the morning, as well as at night.
    4. Try to serve atleast one person, atleast once a day, big or small.

I actually attended the "A Brand New Year" broadcast for the church a few months ago, and they encouraged us to set a goal that we would like to keep and accomplish in the year 2009, and the first two listed above are what I wrote down. I've really been focusing on saying my prayers in the morning lately, because it's a habit I don't have down yet, but I'd really like to make it part of my daily schedule, and so I added that in there. And the last one was a goal I set for myself while I was at EFY last summer. I've been trying really hard to keep it, but I sometimes slack off. But I really want to make a change.

Along with my resolutions, I also have a list of events I would like to do this year. They are as follows.
    • Celebrate my 19th birthday.
    • Start and finish my second semester of college.
    • Work summer program at work. (full time hours)
    • Start and finish my third semester of college.
    • Move out with Celeste, Erica, Cassie and JoLee.
    • Get my flirt on.
    • Go to the airport to welcome home my brother.
    • Go to Daniel's homecoming.
    • Go to Kody's homecoming.
    • Go on a double date with Kody, Daniel and a girl of his choosing.
    • Make new friends at school.
    • Become best friends with a guy who gets me.
    • Keep my new years resolutions.
    • Find something I struggle with and turn it into a strength.
    • Be myself, and not be afraid of it.
    • Bear my testimony atleast once in sacrament meeting.
    • Go to a concert out of state with Emily. (maybe)
    • Play a few shows with the one and only TeliFone Pole during summer break.
    • Discover a few new bands.
    • Gain a greater testimony.

As for the celebrating portion of tonight, it went pretty well. I ended up hanging out with my friend, Emily. From all the driving, dancing, singing, laughing, eating, guitar hero and banging pots and pans at midnight, it was, all in all, a great night and a wonderful way to bring in the new year. We got to play Farkel with her parents, Lucille, Uncle Vince and Zach. Uncle Vince cracked me up more that anyone. "This is a no farkel area!" Emily and I also ended up going to an institute dance, which, I have to admit, wasn't that hoppin'. But a handicapped young man got pretty fresh with her, and grabbed her hand, and wouldn't let go. That was the most action we got all night! When we left the dance, we went back to Emily's house, where we welcomed in the new year by banging a pot, and a popcorn tin, while running around her driveway, shouting "Happy New Year!" and "Oh my gosh!" and "It's 2009!" What a riot.

My firsts for the year 2009:

  • First drink: Sparkling apple cider
  • First food: Carmel popcorn
  • First song listened to: "Beautiful Inside" by Sons of Provo
  • First two-person dance party: Emily and me, located in Emily's basement
  • First kiss: My mom :)

Goodbye 2008, Hello 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment