12/30/08

"feel free to use it"

I feel great right now. I feel like, even though I have my heart set on a certain guy, I can still think other guys are cute, and I can still want to date other guys, and give them my number and all that jazz. I don't have to feel guilty, because I know I'm following the prophet's guidance, and not limiting myself to one guy. I don't have to feel like I'm letting that certain guy down. Here's the story...
Today while I was working, Colter texted me and invited me to a Family Home Evening party at his apartment. In his text, he said it was at half seven, and I didn't know what that meant! So I asked him what time it was at, and this was his reply:
"Half seven. Seven thirty. Thirty minutes after seven and thirty minutes before eight. An hour is sixty minutes, so half of one hour is thirty minutes and one half hour after the clock strikes seven, it will hit seven thirty. That's when the party will start. At half seven."
It made me laugh. So I ended up going with Emily. We were a little late getting there, because the party (obviously) started at 7:30, and my shift didn't end until 8:00. We got there just in time to eat the hot pizza they had picked up. Colter introduced us to everyone, and a young man named Benny, who just got off of his mission to Ohio, caught my attention, but I didn't think much of it. We ended up playing a couple of board games, (rumikub and scrabble!) and I lost both of them miserably. While we were playing scrabble, Benny came up right next to me, and started helping me, and giving me ideas of where I could put my scrambled letters, which he so easily made sense of right away. It was nice! That kinda sparked me interest a little bit more. Out of nowhere, he said "Hey Colter, doesn't she look like Jill (i can't remember which name he used, so we'll go with jill)?" and Colter said "Uh... Only the shape of her head. That's it." My clever witts came in at this point and I asked "Is Jill pretty?" and Benny right away said "Yes, very pretty." Tee hee!
When the time came that Emily and I had to leave, Benny was at Del Taco with a friend. We left, and I texted Colter and told him to give Benny my phone number. Colter did so, and I said thanks! Haha, "Colter, tell him to feel free to use it."
Benny hasn't texted me yet, but hopefully he'll get the hint and do it soon. He seemed like a really awesome guy, and the whole time at the party, he was singing and playing the guitar. Nice. And, the fact that he's a Returned Missionary is a huge turn on, too.
We'll see how this one goes...

1 comment:

  1. haha your clever wit... that is my favorite part.

    Kudos for cleverness.
    Good luck with Benny.

    ReplyDelete