1/16/09

childhood friend.

Tonight at work, I went to the Rise building with my kid, where we met up with more staff and kids, and we all played games. We call it Game Night, and it's held every Friday night. It's a blast.
My old neighbor who's about a year older than me just got a joob working at Rise, and he was there with his kid. His name is Andrew. We were childhood friends, because we lived right next to eachother for fourteen years. I remember riding his horses with him when we were little, and playing with his toy trucks in the sandbox. Those were the good ol' days. When we both started to hit puberty, we started to hate each other for some reason. Don't ask me why, but we did. We were so mean to each other, and we wanted nothing to do with the other person. We've never really talked much since then. We just weren't friends anymore. Then, almost two years ago I moved, and I haven't seen him since. But tonight, I recognized him, and I decided to say hi! So I did! And he said it right back, and he was nice about it! I think that the fact that we both grew up a little had a huge role in that.
Throughout the night, we'd play games, and talk once in a while. I noticed that he was looking at me a lot. And it might be that the reason I caught that, is that I was looking at him a lot, too. He's turned into a handsome young man, and I've heard that he's going on a mission really soon. He's done a lot of changing in the past few years, and I admire him for it. He's a great guy.
I know what you're thinking. "Oooh! Megan has a crush on Andrew!" but that's not the case. I think he's awesome, and that's about it. Yeah, he's gotten cute over the years, but honestly, I can't see us going out, or anything of that sort. He's just a cool guy; maybe even a friend in the future, but that's it.
Now you're thinking, "If it's not that big of a deal, why are you writing about it?" The answer is this: I write about my life on this blog. Things I want to remember. For me, for my future.
It's as simple as that.

No comments:

Post a Comment