1/7/09

last day, first day.

Yesterday was the last day of Christmas break, and today was the first day of school for this new semester! I think I need to party or something.
My first day of school was really interesting. It started out not good at all. Really. But then it got better and better and it ended up being a great day. Here's what happened...
I started the day with leaving late, because I couldn't find a water bottle anywhere in the house, and I knew it was going to be one of those days where I was going to be really thirsty. After searching the house for about five minutes, I finally gave up, and just snagged Rachel's 3 liter water bottle that was almost empty.
When I got to school, I was a little late, but only by a few minutes. No big deal, right? Well, as I was trying to find student parking near the SA building, I drove into what I thought was a student parking lot, but ended up being some kind of deisel hang out. Haha, I think it was a parking lot for people who come and fix things at the school, or something! So, I turned around, and finally found the student parking lot for the SA building, but I couldn't find a single parking space. Lame. So, I just thought to myself Screw it, I'm parking by the LA building, which happens to be on the complete opposite side of campus. By this time, I was about 15 minutes late for my English class. I ended up parking out in the boonies, by the testing center, because the parking lot was full. It took me about 15 minutes to walk to my class. So, at 9:30, I walked in half an hour late to class. But I sat right by this cute returned missionary who was really nice! His name was Clark. I think we'll be friends.
After English, I would usually have History, but my teacher emailed me and said that class was cancelled today because she was sick. So I was going to take that time to go buy my text books, but then I remembered that I left my wallet in the car! Which was about ten minutes away - walking time. I didn't have time, because my math class was about to start, so Ismael and I went to the book store and looked at the books I would buy tomorrow. Haha.
Math was actually really great. We went over the syllabus, pretty much. I like my teacher. I had him last semester, and he makes it really easy for me to understand the material, so I made an effort to have him again this semester.
After math, I left for work. It was great. Nothing exciting happened, but it wasn't bad.
I went to Ross today. Usually I don't like their clothes, but I found a really great selection today. I bought a dress, a sweater, a shirt and some cute summer-time flatts. All for under $30. Now that's a bargain.
So during Chirstmas break, I had an opportunity to get some things done in my Christmas break to-do list. Let's take a look.


1. Write back to these missionaries: Elder Parson, Elder Long and my brother. -I wrote back to my brother, and all the other missionaries that wrote me over the break, just not Elder Parson or Elder Long. I probably should...
2. Go to Las Vegas with my family and take pictures there.
3. Celebrate Christmas with my family.
4. Celebrate New Years (maybe with my family). -I ended up spending it with Emily, and it was a blast.
5. Take as many shifts as possible for work.
6. Buy textbooks for the spring semester of school. -Ugh...
7. Go shopping the day after Christmas and try not to get trampled. -The weather wasn't good, and I didn't want to die.
8. Catch up on my drumming. -No time! Sniff...
9. Go to Cameron's farewell.
10. Buy a new backpack. -I got one for Christmas!
11. Finish the book of Luke before Christmas. -I didn't finish it before Christmas, but I finished it last night! That's better than not finishing it.
12. Turn in my apartment application. -Move in date: August 21st.
13. Spend some time with Celeste when she comes up. -She wasn't feeling up to hanging out, because she got her wisdom teeth removed.
14. Talk to Daniel on the phone when he calls on Christmas day.

Okay, so I wasn't able to get everything done that I wanted to get done, but I was able to finish a few things! Now, I think I'll go find something to do to kill time.

No comments:

Post a Comment