1/11/09

a date, planned nine months in advance.

Okay, so the title of this post totally sounds like I'm pregnant or something, but I can assure you that I am not! The date is not a due date; it is an actual night out with a guy! That is, if he accepts. I haven't asked him yet.
The guy's name is Kody. The date is planned for Halloween night, this year. That's right! We're going trick-or-treating! Daniel and I have it all planned out. He'll bring a date, and I'll bring one, too. We'll start off the night by meeting somewhere in Herriman, so we can go right into trick-or-treating. When we're finished with that, we plan to go back to my parents' house (for I will be living in Orem by this time) where my mom will have a scrumptious dinner, that she prepared, waiting for us. The moment we finish dinner, we will go downstairs into the theater and watch a movie. Maybe a scary one, maybe a comedy; who knows? We'll probably decide that night. When the movie is over, we might talk a little. Or, maybe, if we're really tired, we'll all go home. It will be splendid. Daniel has always had the best Halloween costumes, so I'm really excited to see what he comes up with. We were talking about both of us being the Wonder Twins. We'll see how it goes.
About Kody... I think I might've already brought him up in this blog. He's on a mission right now in Michigan. He gets home sometime in October, and so does Daniel. You see, they met each other in the MTC. Before Daniel went on his mission, I told him to hook me up with all the missionaries' addresses that he thought I'd like. So he sent me Kody's address, and I've been writing him for about a year now. He's such a great guy; I can really tell that he's serious about his missionary work, and he's having a lot of great success because he's so faithful out there. We've talked about it, and when he comes home, we've decided to skank to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir (haha, inside joke) and we also decided to watch A Troll in Central Park together. I'm really looking forward to his arrival. I think he's an amazing person, and a wonderful friend.
As for Daniel getting home, I'm really excited about that, too. Before he left, I walked in on him in his bedroom, dancing to classical music in his boxers. I asked what he was doing, and he said it was his Queen of Sheba dance, and he made up some rambling sentance about the Queen of Sheba. We've joked about it since then, and when he comes home, we've planned to go buy him either some whitey-tighties or some Batman underwear, and reinact the Queen of Sheba dance, and post it up on youtube. We've even talked about him doing it on our first double date, just to make it even more awkward. We'll see how that one goes. We've really come up with the most lame plans together. The most lame, but the most awesome, too. That's for sure.
So, Kody's next letter should come any day now, and when I get it, I'll ask him on a date... through a letter. Hopefully he doesn't think that's lame. What am I supposed to do? Call him? And hopefully he doesn't think it's lame that Daniel and I have planned this date months in advance. I'm hoping that, in the two weeks he was with Daniel in the MTC, he's realized that our family is just a little weird, and hopefully he's come to embrace that.
I'll definately let you know how this one goes.

3 comments:

  1. please do.

    :)

    i'll be waiting until then.

    always, lll

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah! I can't believe daniel will be back this october! I am excited!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ME TOO.

    He's been gone way too long.

    ReplyDelete