1/14/09

guys' style.

In my free time at school, in between classes, I've noticed that I've been spending a lot of my time sitting in a hallway, in a chair, or on the ground, watching people pass by, and looking at their clothes and their sense of style. I rather enjoy it, because it gives me ideas of how to wear my clothes, and I really like looking at how well some guys dress themselves (and how horrible others do). I find myself thinking to myself I would totally date a guy who dressed like that and I hope my future boyfriend has that type of style. I wanted to to make a record of what style I really love on guys, and what style I find unattractive on guys, too, just in case my future boyfriend ever finds this blog, and wants to know what I'd like him to dress like, haha. I'm going off of what I see guys dress like today.

Do's:

Don'ts:

  • longer hair than your girlfriend.
  • dreadlocks.
  • beards, mustaches.
  • unruly eyebrows.
  • make up. (that's your girlfriend's job, just for funsies)
  • nerd glasses.
  • tees with store name on them.
  • tees from a souvineer shop.
  • button down shirts with the top few buttons unbuttoned. (only first, please.)
  • hoodies with words on them.
  • "how to" shirts.
  • belly shirts. (i like them long enough so i don't have to look at your undies)
  • polos. (the only exception is volcom polos)
  • any kind of pants that are too loose.
  • any kind of pants that are too tight. (skinny jeans: out, straight jeans: in)
  • pants worn above the butt. (sorry, but you need to sag them just a little)
  • pants worn below the half-butt mark. (perfect height: 3/4 up the butt)
  • real floods. (if you're going to wear them, roll them up so it looks like you did it on purpose)
  • flared pants. (*shutters*)
  • any kind of pants that are too long that you have to roll them up for them to fit you well.
  • gansta pants. (graffiti on your pants? no)
  • gym shorts. (save them for when you're working out.)
  • pajama pants. (are for sleeping)
  • running shoes. (see gym shorts)
  • skater shoes. (that should be a crime)
  • tan rapper boots.
  • fake chucks.
  • girl uggs.

I've come to the conclusion that I want a boyfriend who would wear church attire to school just because he feels like it. First, it would convey his sense of style, which is totally attractive, and second, dressed up men show a lot of class, which is also very attractive.

Also, I didn't put this on a list because I wasn't sure which one to put it under, but I would love a guy who would wear booty shorts as a joke, just to be funny. Or even as a bet. Maybe a run around the block in them? Yeah, that would be my future boyfriend.

And one more thing, a guy who lets their girlfriend do their hair and nails and make-up every now and then shows pure guts. I want a boyfriend like that. Plus, it's fun!

Oh, future boyfriend, where art thou?

3 comments:

  1. Sooo... you basically just described this kid in my ward Stephen, especially the part about the booty shorts. HAHA

    He's an interesting kid, who describes his style as, "awkward".

    He makes me laugh though, so that's great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I'm more of a don'ter than a doer, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, Celeste, not I want to meet this kid. Good going. :D

    ReplyDelete