12/25/08

back from sin city, just in time for christmas.

Merry Merry Christmas! I can't believe it's finally here, and I can't believe it came by so fast this year! Well, I got a really awesome dell laptop for Christmas, which I am currently typing on! It's yellow! :D I also got some clothes, including a coat that I really love! I also got the opportunity to go down to Las Vegas with my whole family (except Jared and Daniel) for a few days before Christmas, and that's what I'm going to expound on for this post.
Day One.
It's about a six or seven hour drive from Salt Lake to Vegas, and that's a lot of time to spend squished in a car with four other people, and yes, we did get a little... restless. Not to mention, there was a horrible snow storm for the first two hours or so of our trip. It was scary. We saw an SUV on the side of the road that was tipped over, and so was the trailer it was carrying. I felt bad. But we carried on anyway. We met up with Matt and Stephanie in St. George, where we had lunch with them at El Pollo Loco. My dad loves that place. After that, Rachel, Sara and I all road with Matt and Steph for the rest of the trip - about two more hours. Maybe it's the Arizona air, but once we hit Arizona, the three of us in the back seat went nuts. It might've been the fact that Steph gave us their old Halloween candy. They were in for a treat. I actually got a picture of the three of us, and Sara looks like a thumb head! It kept us giggling for a few minutes.


When we got to Vegas, I couldn't stop taking pictures! It was gorgeous! I absolutely love the lights and the palm trees there. We got there just in time to hit up a buffet at the hotel we stayed at called the Monte Carlo. Sara and I ALMOST tried sushi. We even put it on our plates and walked back to the table, but we both chickened out at the last minute. It just doesn't look, or smell all that appetizing to me. Maybe one day... After that, Rachel, Sara and I went up to Matt's room to play his wii. We played Fantastic Four! It was so much fun. I was Sue, Sara was The Thing, Matt was the fire guy and Rachel was the stretchy man. Halfway through the game, Rach found out that her player could beat people up with his head, and she did that the rest of the game, and we didn't stop laughing about it. It was great fun. After playing the wii, we all went to bed.
Day two.
We started the day off by going to the Hash House, where they serve abnormally large amounts of food on a plate. It was kind of a brunch, and I wasn't feeling like a pancake, so I ordered a burger. When it came out, it was HUGE. So huge, in fact, that it came with a steak knife to cut through it. "A challenge?", I thought, and I downed the whole thing! I was proud of what I accomplished.


















Also, while we were at the Hash House, Jake and Angie made an announcement. I'm gonna be an aunt! I am so excited! My mom was bouncing off the walls. She's been wanting a grandchild for quite some time, and has bribing the three oldest. It was her Christmas present. The baby is due on July 13!
After the Hash House, we got our shop on! We walked down the strip and went into stores that looked stellar. I had one store in mind, and that was H&M, located in the Planet Hollywood hotel. I bought two pairs of shoes there, which I really like.
After that, we all met up with the rest of the family, and my dad gave all the girls a $100 gift certificate to Victoria's Secret. We all headed over there, and we went crazy. I fought my urge to buy some sexy lingerie (ha! kidding.) and bought some make up (eye shadow, macara, lip gloss) and some really great smelling lotion, perfume and body wash. Oh, I love being a girl! Sara introduced me to the Pure Seduction scent, and I fell in love! Ah, that stuff is good.
When shopping was through, I got a chance to take a few pictures of the city and I really like what I got!

After that, we were able to go to a play called Mama Mia. It was so hilarious! Kind of crude, but funny. I really enjoyed it. There was this guy who played the boyfriend, and Sara thought she was in love! "He waved at me at the end!" After the play, we stopped by a cafe in our hotel and ate a late dinner. I wasn't very hunry so I shared some chicken fingers with Sara. That cafe had the best water I've ever tasted in my life! I'd definately go back there just for their water. When we were finished, we headed back up to our rooms where we went to sleep for the night.
Day Three.
When we woke up and got all of our luggage in the car, my mom and sisters wanted to go to Sephora, so we all headed over there, after eating at another buffet (my favorite: cravings in the mandalay bay hotel) I don't really like Sephora, just because their make up is ridiculously expensive, so my dad and I sat on a bench while the rest of them shopped.
After that, we headed back home. Our plan was to arrive home at about 8:00, but we got there around 11:00. But when I got home, I had three letters from missionaries waiting for me, as well as a check stub from work. I was pretty happy about that.
The next day was Christmas, and that's today. It was a great day, and I got to talk to my brother, Daniel. What a fantastic life I live. I love every minute of it.

2 comments:

  1. Holy cow Megan, I can't believe you chickened out from trying sushi. Seriously, it was on your plate. It just tastes like a super mellow, cold fish. It's way better than fish, any day.

    Buuuut... it was from a buffet, so I guess that justifies it. I wouldn't trust sushi from a buffet. :/

    Really though. You. Me. Sushi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definately! Let's do it sometime!

    ReplyDelete