12/28/08

i think about you maybe more than i should.

I just have one question: Can you miss someone you've never met before?
Because I'm beginning to think that you can.
Or maybe I have met him before... In my previous life.
Either way, he's the only thing on my mind.
"The Garden That You Planted" by Sea Wolf
Good morning dear. I hope I didn't wake you too soon.
Because my mind is growing tired - too much thinking what I should do.
I picture you out there. It must be beautiful this time of year.
All those east coast leaves floating round like embers from burning trees.
Well the weather out here is just the same, but the garden that you planted remains.
Now it's only work. Each day bleeding into the next.
Barely scraping by. I tire myself out just so I can rest.
But rest, it rarely comes, and when it does, I cannot go home.
Because it's much too quiet. It seems that I'm not suited to being alone.
And everyone around me has changed, but the garden that you planted remains.
I think about you maybe more than I should.
But the smoke is getting old. The drugs I'm taking aren't so good.
So will you talk to me, even though you had a late night?
Because I need a little help. Baby, tell me I'll be alright.
Because everything around me has changed, but the garden that you planted remains.

No comments:

Post a Comment