12/16/08

staff christmas party.

So tonight was the Rise Staff Christmas Party, and it was a blast! I went with Emily. She actually quit Rise when she moved up to Logan in August, but she's home for the holidays, and they're letting her pick up a few extra shifts, because they have a ton.
It was held in a Methodist church, which was pretty cool. When Emily and I got there, we both went into the bathroom so I could change into my pajamas, because it was a pajama party! I brought two pairs of pajama pants, because I couldn't decide which ones to wear. (Yeah, I'm a girl. Go figure.) The first ones I put on were these thermals that are white with pink snow flakes. I really like to wear them at home, because they're really comfy, but I walked out of the stall, and told Emily that I felt naked! Haha, there was no way I was going out in front of my co-workers with these on. So I changed into my other pair, which were blue fleece pajama pants. Sooo warm! For my shirt, I brought my The Maine band t-shirt. You're probably thinking "Hey! The Maine isn't Christmassy!" but I assure you, they are! It was them who came out with a whole Christmas EP! They've got Chirtsmas spirit!
When we walked into the party, I started laughing, because Camille was wearing footie pajamas. They were amazing. I rememeber the good ol' days when I used to waer them, and then cut the feet out when I got too tall. But anyway! We were some of the first people there, and Suzy was really anxious to eat, so we all started eating! Tina brought some macaroni salad from walmart, and it was delightful! Emily and I couldn't get enough of it!
After a few more people showed up, we started the white elephant. I ended up with a movie called "The Story of The Creation" and Adam and Eve were on the cover! Haha, it was lame, but it made me laugh. I think the funniest present of all, though, was Colter's. He brought a box of macaroni and cheese, along with three tiny candy canes, wrapped in lint roller sheets. Hahaha, that kid is hilarious. I totally sat by him tonight, too! "Colter, move your fat head so I can see what gift they got!"
I brought my camera with me tonight so I could take pictures to post up here, but I didn't even take any! I kind of forgot, until I got into my car to drive home, and then I was like "Oh... Whoops!" Haha, there are my great photographer skills kickin' in! :)
I really like working for Rise! It's a blast. The people are fun. The foster kids are fun (most days). Everyone's so close and so nice all the time. It's the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment