12/26/08

change.

Okay, so I stole this idea from my friend, Celeste, but I really liked it...
As the year 2008 comes to an end, I've realized that I have change a lot. It's kinda crazy how people start to grow up... I've only lived in Herriman for almost two years, and I lived in Riverton before that for about fourteen years, and honestly, I think I've done more growing up and learning in the past two years in Herriman then the fourteen years in Riverton, due to people I know here in Herriman - People Heavenly Father has blessed me to get to know and learn from.
So, here would be a list of people I've known who have improved my life, opportunities to realize things that make a huge difference, and more things that I have changed, just this year.
    • Erik and I broke up, and I realized what I really wanted.
    • I made a list of what I want my husband to be like, and I stuck to it.
    • I dated Russell.
    • I truly felt the whisperings of the spirit, and acted upon them.
    • I talked to my bishop, and became really close with him.
    • I felt the blessings of the atonement in my life.
    • I started writing Elder Brinton.
    • I continued to write Elder Brinton, to this day, and longer.
    • Personal revelation.
    • I started working at Rise.
    • Chrissy Johnson.
    • Erica Coats.
    • Sarah Anderson
    • Courtney Johnson.
    • Mandy Johnson.
    • I decided who my role model was. (Chrissy Johnson)
    • Youth Conference: Steadfast and Immovable.
    • EFY: Steady and Sure.
    • I started to really read the scriptures and say my prayers diligently.
    • I asked Heavenly Father to change my life.
    • I got called to be a Primary Teacher.
    • I started college.
    • Brother Soderberg.
    • Alma 38:5.
    • I gained a greater love for our prophet, Thomas S. Monson.
    • I realized who I really am.
    • I realized that Heavenly Father had changed my life for the better.
    • I realized that a year ago, I never would've guessed I would be where I am today, and I'm so glad I am here.
    • I was on the verge of cutting my hair really short.
    • I have a desire to stand up for what I believe in, and I've done it a few times, even in front of my friends.
    • I learned that the gospel is what holds my life together, and it is the single most greatest thing in my life.
    • I learned that I am nothing without my Saviour.
    • I've seen things come to pass that are mentioned in my patriarchal blessing.
    • My car wreck.
    • I've seen the results of following promptings from the spirit, which seemed so ridiculous at the time.
    • I've seen what might've been results of what would've happened if I had listened to the promptings of the spirit.
    • My life makes sense.
    • I'm able to understand why things happen and why I should choose the right path before I see the consequence.
    • I am spiritually minded, and relate everything to the gospel, without even realizing I'm doing it.
    • I learned that I am elect; that I am chosen.
    • I was able to strengthen my relationship with my Father in Heaven. We talk.
    • I've set goals for my future.
    • I know what I want to be when I'm older.
    • I found out that I'm going to be an aunt!
    • EFY CDs = Amazing.
    • I learned to love life.

No comments:

Post a Comment