2/25/09

i am me.

Tonight I decided to read my journal I've kept since May of 2007. I came across an entry, and I really liked what I wrote. Not a lot of people know this about me, but when I was younger, I had absolutely no self confidence. I don't know what happened to it. I guess Heavenly Father hid it here on the earth, and wanted me to make an effort to find it.
But, as of right now, I feel like I've come a long way of knowing who I really am, and loving myself just the way I am. I think a big part of that has to do with my knowledge of the gospel. I don't know how it works, but the more I rely on the gospel, and the more I learn from it, I can see a great change in who I perceive myself to be, and I'm really quite pleased with myself.

So, I wanted to type down the last half of my journal entry I stumbled across. I think it will make somewhat of a difference to anyone who reads it. Or, at least, that's my hope.

5 June 2008
"So, I think I'm gaining self confidence, and I want to write down a few things that make me unique, that I think are cool!
  • I love the sound of high heels on a hard floor.
  • I don't wear it, because people would think I smell weird, but I love the smell of granny perfume.
  • I play the drums!
  • I have a very strong testimony of prayer, the gospel, the scriptures, Joseph Smith and my patriarchal blessing.
  • I keep bottles of guys cologne just because I love the smell of it.
  • I think rain is beautiful, and I love the smell of it.
  • I love the smell of dirt.
  • I love the color 'mustard yellow.'
  • I love to smile, because it makes me happier.
  • I actually, for once, know who I am.
  • I think holding and honoring the Priesthood is one of the handsomest things a guy can do.
  • I'm not into the 'surfer dude' look, or the 'skater boy' look. I'm into the 'returned missionary' look. I dig it!

So, yeah. That's what makes me, me! Also, I want to say that you should always be yourself. I think, personally, that one of the reasons Heavenly Father made you who you are is so that you spouse would fall in love with you. So never be someone you're not. Just be who you are, and be proud of it!"

Truly profound, coming from an eighteen year old, don't you think? Haha, oh yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment