3/5/09

bad day? or testimony building opportunity?

So here's how my day went...
I went to school in the morning, the same as everyday. I had a midterm in my Music class, which I felt I did okay on. In Math, I had an extra credit test, and got 4 of the 5 points. I was also the first one to finish, and I felt pretty cool about that. My last class was Institute, which always seems to brighten up my whole day.
After school, I had court for the wreck I got into back in October. On the way to court, I got pulled over by a police officer for speeding (how ironic). He caught me going 15 miles over the speed limit, but only marked me for going 5 over. It was very nice of him, but I was still pissed, and I still gave him an attitude.
When I walked into my court session, I felt like I had logical reasons of why the wreck wasn't my fault, and, with the help of my dad's testimony, I felt like we both got our point across. Buut, the judge didn't buy it, so I ended up with the $112 ticket. Bummer. I paid it in full when I got out.
Today sucked. But, I'm not all that upset about it. I mean, yeah, I'm mad that a got a ticket and lost my court case all in the same day, but it could be much worse.
The amazing thing about this story, though, is that a while back, I got a bonus check from work for somewhere around $112, after the government sucked the taxes out. When I got it, I was like, "Sweet! I'm gonna buy myself a new ipod!" and I had my heart set on a new ipod. Well, I ended putting it off until now, for some strange reason. Today I realized that Heavenly Father blessed me with that bonus check so I could pay that ticket without having to break into the money I already had. Even though I wanted an ipod, Heavenly Father hooked me up and gave me that money so I could pay for the ticket. Some might call this a coincidence. Maybe fate sounds good? But not me. I believe, without a doubt, that it came from Heavenly Father. Like he was saying "Megan, you've been so great paying your tithing, I think I'm going to bless you with the money you need (not want) to pay for this ticket."
What an amazing man he is.

No comments:

Post a Comment