2/11/09

scattered, like my mind.

Hello, dear blog. I post again.
It's been some week, and by that, I mean it's been a great week. I got a 95 on my first math test, which I was thrilled about. I also got 9 out of 10 points on my math quiz a few days ago, which is totally insane, because I thought for sure I was going to get somewhere around a 4 or a 5. Math is a good class that I really like so far this semester. I'm understanding it really well, and the fact that there's a cute guy who sits right next to me helps the fact, too. His name is Adam, and we've talked a few times. I really can't see myself getting really involved with him, but he's cute, and he's nice to look at. Hahaha.
Today was special. I got braces on my lower teeth. I hate them. But I hate crooked teeth even more, so I'll deal. Earlier today, I caught myself thinking I can't wait until I get my braces off. I haven't even had them on for 12 hours yet... Sigh. One more year to go...
While we're on the subject of teeth... My poor foster kid, Nate, is getting his wisdom teeth out tomorrow. I'm supposed to work with him on Monday for seven hours, but we'll see how that goes. I know, when I got my wisdom teeth out, I definitely wasn't up for hanging out four days after the surgery.
I've been talking to (texting) my old friend, Justin Fulton, lately. He's a cool guy; I like him. We actually dated for about a month back in 2006. Whoa, that was about two and a half years ago. I'm just now realizing this. Anyway, things just didn't work out between us. I was the one to break his heart, and my heart broke doing it. But all is well now. I'm happy when I talk to him. He's really nice, and it makes me want to be nice in return. Not just to him, but to everyone I come in contact with. I think that's one of his great qualities, and I don't even think he knows that he possesses it. He's an amazing guy, nonetheless.
I just received word, a few days ago, that Celeste is coming up to Salt Lake in a week and a half. We've got some plans. They include: a photo shoot, and going to our future apartments and looking at them. I'm pretty darn excited about this. I haven't seen that girl in ages, and she's just great to be around.
I've come to realize that I'm happiest when I'm serving others. Whether it be letting people know that I'm thinking about them, or doing actual works of service for someone who needs it. I've also come to realize that the Holy Ghost will prompt you to do the most random things, but they end up being something that has an everlasting effect on someone else. It amazes me. The gospel amazes me.
I've been thinking about this for a few days now, and I think it's beyond amazing just how deep the gospel really is. I mean, think of any subject; math, technology, words. They all eventually come to an end. There's only so much you can learn before there's nothing else to learn. But then you look at the gospel... It seems to go on forever and ever, and yet, we're just barely scratching the surface. There's a reason that if we put our trust and our faith in the gospel, it will never fail, because it never ends. Everything else has some point at which it ceases, but the gospel goes on forever, and so does everything it offers. Think about it: eternal life, eternal families, eternal love, eternal happiness.
I was reading my scriptures the other night. I had asked Kody where I could read about what happened in the pre-existance, because in primary, we've been learning about it (on a little kid level, mind you) and I had a strong desire to learn more, and he told me to read Moses and Abraham, so I am. I came across Moses 1:3-4... "And God spake unto Moses, saying: Behold, I am the Lord God Almighty, and Endless is my name; for I am without beginning of days or end of years; and is not this endless? And, behold, thou art my son; wherefore look, and I will show thee the workmanship of mine hands; but not all, for my works are without end, and also my words, for they never cease."
When I read that, it really got me thinking about what it really meant. It really built my testimony up a little bit higher. There is no end.
I was in institute yesterday, and my teacher invites whoever wants to go up, to go up and bear their testimony at the beginning of class. I had a feeling that I was supposed to go up, and bear my testimony about what I just wrote, but I couldn't find that scripture on Moses, to back me up, so I didn't go up. That day, no one got up to bear their testimony. I felt like I missed out on that opportunity, and that's why I'm writing it down here, so whoever reads this might learn something from it.
There's a fridge on our garage. It consists strictly of the following: a case of kroger water bottles, a plate of cookies, a plate of butter, an uneaten cake that has been sitting there for months. I find this hilarious. Of all the things to be in that fridge...
Tonight has been eventful. I think I'm gonna go to bed, though. Goodnight.

4 comments:

  1. I am really not amazing megan! Seriously. I think your the first person to ever say i'm nice... lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pish posh. Just accept the fact and move on. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nah. 's impossible, cuz it;s just not true!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Megan!

    so first of all, I'm SUPER excited to go up there and see you. Technically, I'll just stay in Orem the whole time, but whatevs.

    Secondly, I love the Eternal Perspective the Gospel gives to everything. It's like, if there's something out of your control in this life, then you'll understand its purpose in the next. For me, one of those out of control challenges is math. I'm not very good at displaying my understanding of it in concrete ways (like writing it down) and I'm not even very good at it anyway.
    But what's neat about the general subjects we have to learn about in school is the application of them to other things. For instance, music without math wouldn't be logical or pleasing, the Gospel recognizes certain numbers as significant, in design/composition all they talk about is mathematical significances in what we find pleasing, and so on and so forth.
    Anyway, long story short: math is invasive, but it seems to be a common denominator (check it out, that was totally a math joke...) in everything.
    Too bad I'm lousy at math.

    ReplyDelete