2/4/09

words make paragraphs.

As I sit here in my semi-messy bedroom, staring at the blank screen of my laptop that is urging me to write something, I can't help but think about the thoughts and feelings I had just two nights ago. They were inspiring. They made me want to change a few little things about myself. Nothing big. I just want to be better.
If we rewound my life to exactly two nights ago, it would be Monday, February 2nd, and that's when it all started. I sat on top of my bed, my white comforter surrounding me in thought. The night was quiet. I was the only one home. My mind was open and clear, ready to learn something new. I came across the writings of a person I briefly knew. As I read the words that came so freely from her continuously thinking head, I was lead to read more and more. Her words were so neatly placed, and they seemed to jump off the screen and into my brain. I could feel what she was trying to convey.
When I finished reading her well thought out words and paragraphs, I was inspired. I thought to myself, I need to learn how to write like that. Something that will stand out to people. Something that people can feel. And the more I thought about it, the more I came to realize that I could definitely do it, if I gave it a good shot. The things I am learning in my English class tie in with this idea of mine so well. I want to write better, and I'm taking a writing class. How convenient. So, I decided to give it a shot.
And so, here I am, sitting in the exact same place as I was sitting two nights ago, thoughts rushing into my head as I write them down. What brings me here? You could say it's the fact that I wanted to see if I could do it, and tonight felt like a good time to start, or, you could say that I am completely bored, with nothing to do - not even homework - so I decided to string a few pointless words together to make something that people will read, and, hopefully, relate to.
Perhaps you could say that I follow my dreams, no matter how big or small. If I want something, I go for it. I have come to the conclusion that that is a true statement about me. My mom always said she knew I was "feisty" from the moment I was born. I guess what she meant by that was that I was a fighter, and I don't give up on what I want. When I was born, I had a deadly infection. I fought it for a month or two, and I (obviously) ended up living. My mom soon found out that I was only the second baby in Utah that suffered from the infection, that didn't have to have it cut out. Maybe it had a little bit to do with me fighting for it, but I think the biggest reason I am alive today is because of priesthood blessings.
As I come to the close of trying desperately to write something more than your everyday topics, I want to leave with something I laugh at, even today. When I was younger, my friend, Emily, and I used to send made up stories to each other via email, and as I look back on them today, I find them absolutely ridiculous, but to tell you the truth, there have been times when I've almost peed my pants from laughing so hard at them. I wrote this one. It's called "Emily's Genie." I didn't alter it an anyway. This is exactly the way I wrote it. I liked a boy named Austen at the time, and his name appears in here a few times. [written january 30, 2005]

One lovely day, best friends, Emily and Megan, went on a walk together, holding hands and skipping down the road. Then all of the sudden, Megan saw a ditch heading Emily's way. Megan, being Emily's best friend, thought of an idea quick! When Emily was by the ditch, Megan pushed her in and laughed at her. Emily got really angry and started steaming from the ears. Suddenly the sky started to get black and thunder started to bolt down. Megan got scared. A geenie appeared out of a cloud. "MEGAN!", it said, "I AM EMILY'S GUARDIAN GEENIE". Megan was confused. "How could anyone love Emily so much to be her gaurdian geenie?". Emily got more angry and started to climb out of the ditch, but she couldn't bacause she wasn't that fit. "THAT'S NOT IMPORTANT", the geenie said, "MY NAME IS JARVIS". Megan laughed. "IT'S NOT FUNNY!", said Jarvis. "NOW EMILY, YOU MUST CHOOSE HOW YOUR FRIEND SHOULD PAY". Emily thought. She thought some more. After 3 3/7 hours, Emily shouted "I've got it!". Jarvis and Megan were asleep. "I'VE GOT IT!!!!", Emily screamed. Megan and Jarvis woke up from Emily's ugly screaming. "WHAT HAVE YOU CHOSEN FOR MEGAN?", said Jarvis. "Well, since I love Megan so much, I am going to give her a fair young man to marry and send my best wishes to them", Emily said. "YOUR WISH IS GRANTED", said Jarvis. Megan was so happy that she ran up to Emily and gave her a big hug and kiss. (on the cheek, of course) They looked up the road and saw Austen walking toward them. Megan got excited. "I had a feeling to walk down this road at this very moment", said Austen. Megan ran up to Austen and hugged and kissed him. Austen proposed to Megan, and they got married in the Salt Lake Temple. Megan was so grateful to Emily, that she made Pop Diva Emily sing at her wedding reception. She sang all the love songs like "Only One" and "True" and "Beautiful Soul". Pop Diva Emily sang really loud and she kinda sucked, which ruined Megan and Austen's wedding, but they didn't care cuz Emily is never going to learn how to sing, and plus, Emily wished that they could get married. So without Emily, they would have never gotten married. Austen and Megan Whitaker lived happily ever after, and Pop Diva Emily met Megan's brother-in-law's brother, Brian (Jared's bro, which is a HOTTIE) and he proposed to Emily at Austen and Megan's wedding and they lived happily ever after. But Megan and Austen were a MUCH cuter couple than Emily and Brian. The End

No comments:

Post a Comment