2/15/09

valentine's day.

Yesterday was Valentines Day, and even though I didn't have a charming man to spend it with, it still rocked my socks.
I started off the day by going to work from 10 to 3, after which I hurried over to Emily's house. We had some plans. We began our Valentines Day celebrations by baking some delicious sugar cookies. We didn't have time to frost them, because we were late. Late for what? Well, we had volunteered ourselves to serve Emily's little sister, Lindsay, and her group of friends when they came over for dinner, because they were going to the Sweethearts dance at their school. Say it with me: "Awww!" But Emily and I, being the goofy girls we are, put some spunk into it, and made it fun. We had the idea of dressing up like fancy waiters. You know, white button down shirts, black slacks. But wait! We didn't have such fancy apparel... So we ended up wearing black jeans and white v-neck shirts. Fancy? You betcha. But we didn't stop there. We hurried down to the bathroom, pulled out Emily's make up bag, grabbed the eye liner pencils and went to work. By the time we were finished, we had life-like mustaches displayed between our noses and mouths. Now this was fancy - to the max! We decided that Emily looked like a Mexican, so we called her Sanchez, and I looked more like a French man, so my name was Pierre. Our mustaches told all...

When Lindsay and her pals got there, we greeted them at the door, and sat them down at the table. We served them drinks, salads and the main dish: steak and potatoes. Yum. Emily and I snuck some food when no one was looking. Note to self: the fruit punch was a hit!
When everyone left, Emily and I hit up Ross, Smith's and Walmart. I got two pairs of spandies and a new comforter for my bed when I move out, and Emily got one pair of spandies, a pack of v-neck shirts and a blow dryer! Her's broke the day before... So sad.
When we got back from shopping, we got out the milk, powdered sugar, butter, cherry flavoring and sprinkles, and made some yummy frosting for our delicious cookies. I muse say, we are excellent bakers, and frosting makers.
That about sums up my sweet Valentine's Day adventures. Single Awareness Day my foot.

1 comment:

  1. oh my gosh, i love that you did this. haha

    i like the mustaches best. yeah... i would.

    ReplyDelete