2/8/09

summer.

A few days ago I was driving down the road. When I drive, I love to look out at all the beautiful scenery Heavenly Father has blessed us with. I love the trees, the roads, the sky. I absolutely love it when I'm driving, and the sun is right in front of me, and it shines right in my eyes. It makes me happy, and it's one of the little things that I can't get enough of.
Thinking about this led me to thinking about the summer, and realizing how much I missed it. I miss wearing knee length shorts, with my wavy hair hanging down while the warm breeze blows through it, letting it dance. I miss having a reason to shave my legs, because, let's be honest here, in the winter, I only shave my legs once a week, for church, because I wear pants the rest of the week. I miss driving down the long, gray road with a couple of my closest friends, the windows rolled down, sunglasses on, with Sherwood playing on the radio. I came to the conclusion a few days ago that the band Sherwood reminds me of summer, and is, in my opinion, one of the best bands to listen to during summer. They just fit, making everything right.
I absolutely love the blue skies, with the whitest clouds, and the bright, warm sun shining down while you play. I love the sight of kids riding their bikes, and running around, while their parents garden or wash their cars. I love it when people are outside, always running around. I love picnics, and rolling down big hills, and water fights. I love following trails in parks, and looking at the brightly colored flowers, and flowing streams. One of my favorite parks is the Murray Park, because of this exact reason. It's gorgeous, especially in the summer time.
I also love summer nights, when it's warm enough to keep your shorts on, but cool enough that maybe you need a light jacket. I love sitting in the porch with a blanket while a thunder storm is booming outside. I love sitting there in the silence, with occasional thunder sounding in the sky, just thinking to yourself about anything that might be on your mind. I love thunder storms.
I don't think summer could come any slower, and I can't wait until it does, so I can relive all these summer memories that have been stored deep inside my mind, waiting to come out. I'm excited...

2 comments:

  1. Ditto on EVERYTHING. I can't wait for summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I might not be able to bring you summer any sooner, but St. George does bring it sooner than northern Utah, and about the time you're coming is perfect for everything you mentioned. And there are some beautiful parks here which are awaiting your visit. :)

    We'll have fun with it.

    ReplyDelete