7/1/10

my mom raps?


Today was a good day.

At work, I split up two teenaged boys fighting. I work with troubled foster kids, and this happens more than you would think. After work, I went to Emily's house and made fruit pizza with her. I have decided that is my absolute favorite dessert. But what really topped my wonderful day off was something that my mom said.

Dad, Mom, Sara and I were at the drive-thru at Iceberg, getting shakes, and Sara leaned over and whispered to me, "Hey, I'm gonna start beat boxing, and you rap, okay?" I excitedly agreed, and so we started. We both sucked. That's that.

Then Mom chimed in, with a head bob and a hand wave, and said, "Slow down the beat a little bit and let me give it a try!" Sara and I bursted out laughing for probably a minute or two. It was the funniest thing I've ever heard come out of my mom's mouth. The best part, though, is that she wasn't even trying to be funny--she was dead serious. Ahh, my mom.

She's going in for surgery on her sinuses tomorrow. She'll (hopefully) be loopy from the drugs, to provide us with even more laughter. I certainly do love that woman.

1 comment:

  1. It's probably a good thing that our family doesn't drink alcohol.

    ReplyDelete