7/17/10

bargain.

I am claustrophobic.
Today, I went to Plato's Closet with Erica and her two sisters, because they had an amazing deal going on: fit as many clearance items as you can into a plastic shopping bag, and get the whole thing for only $10. It was sweet! We got there just a few minutes before ten, not even realizing that there would be a huge, long line leading from the front doors. By the time we entered the store, it was already PACKED (literally). I felt like I did when I went to Warped Tour back in '08, when we were in the very middle of the huge, sweaty crowd of moshing people. It was awesome. I grabbed anything and everything I could that looked slightly cute, reaching over peoples' heads, sometimes even [accidentally] slapping them in the face. While going through the aisles of clothes, you would have to stand there for minutes at a time, because no one was moving. Then, when someone was passing through, you would have to cram yourself in between the racks of clothes to make room. At one point, Erica and I smelled pee. Kirsti decided that someone had peed to get everyone away from the clothes. We waited in line for probably twenty minutes. I was so relieved when I finally walked out of that store with all my clothes. But I've gotta admit, it was totally worth it.
Last night, dad took me and mom to Tucano's for dinner down in Provo. It was delightful. After that, he took us down to a city just south of Nephi, because he had to do something for his work there. It smelt like diarrhea, times 100. That was when mom told me what they did in the building: after butchers were done with animals' carcases, they would give the leftover meat, heads, bones, and diseased body parts to the people who worked here, and they would grind them up, cook them, and sell them to farmers to feed to their pigs and cows and other disgusting animals. Oh. Now I know why it smelt like death. It was nasty. We didn't get home until about 1'o'clock in the morning, so, even though I curled my hair and did my make up today, I'm going to take a nap.

2 comments:

  1. was the city chester?! haha what was it?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahaha, I have no idea. My mom said Mona, but she wasn't sure. It was disgusting though.

    ReplyDelete