7/23/10

thursday night activities.

Last night, I went to a party that some of my co-workers were having with Erica. A lot of people showed up, and I didn't know half of them. The other half were people I work with. When Erica and I got there, they were all playing Capture the Flag, so Erica and I joined in. We mostly just stood around, not really wanting to play because we didn't feel like it.

While at the party, Erica and I realized that Sean was there. Sean was in love with Sandy for a while, but now he hates her, and even blocked her on Facebook. Every time Erica and I saw him, we just laughed. We also laughed every time we saw this tool with really (and I mean really) short shorts.
A few games in, Erica and I decided to casually walk over to the other team's side, so we did. No one noticed until Matt, the guy on the other team who was guarding the flag, saw us walking up the hill toward him. "No! You guys stay there," he told us. But we kept walking, telling him that we weren't going to run if he tagged us. Just then, Carl came up behind us and tagged us both. "We told you!" Then we sat at the top of the hill and talked to Matt about lots of things, including one of the foster kids I take care of, and how hilarious he is.
Eventually, someone from our team came up behind Matt and stole our flag, so Matt left. Erica and I decided to go down to the jail where we should've been anyway. When we got there, we saw fireworks (because it was dark by this time), and sung "Fireworks in the sky!" A few minutes later, the tool with short shorts got put in jail, and I took a picture of him and Erica. Then I realized that my flash was bright, and so I used it as an emergency flare to get my team to come rescue us. As I used my flash, Erica yelled out, "S.O.S.!" When one of our team members finally came to rescue us, we stayed in jail because we didn't really want to play.

(Erica and the tool in jail)

Then we realized some guy, who turned out to be Danny (aka: Stripes) looking for some keys in the grass with his cell phone light. We went over there and I offered to help him look, because my flash was super bright. He accepted my help, and I said, "Okay, I'll flash; you look." He probably thought I was a pervert, because he made a funny comment about what I had just said. The game ended, and another one started. Erica and I went over to where our team was guarding the flag (also where Sean was), and talked and sang. Two of the girls who were guarding the flag asked us if we would guard it, because they wanted to play the game. We agreed, and Erica said, "Don't worry! You can trust us!" Then we moved the flag into the middle of the trail in the park. A little while later, some random kid who was strolling through the park walked past us, and we said hi to him. Then I told him to take our flag, and run to the other side with it, because it would be funny. He did, but he walked instead of ran. The Latino girl who had been guarding the flag before us took the flag from him, and came up to us and said in a pissed off voice, "Okay girls, guard the flag means guard the flag." Erica and I laughed at that


(Me and Nathan, the random guy who stole our flag)

(Me and Erica guarding our flag with all our might!)

Right when the game ended, we went over to where a few people in our group were sitting by a fire, because we wanted s'mores! When we got there, we roasted marshmallows in the huge fire place, talked and laughed, and listened to Benny and others play music. Benny found a huge bush, and put it in the fire, making it quite tall, because you could see the flames out of the top of the fire place. I told my co-workers about how one of my foster kids hit on me a week or two ago, and we all laughed and shared other stories.
(The HUGE fire)

Then this guy named Jase started talking to me and Erica, but mostly Erica. By the end of the night, he had asked for our numbers. Before we left, I gave everyone a hug. It was such a fun night. I love the people I work with.

(Allie, Jenny, me, Erica and Sarah)

No comments:

Post a Comment