7/19/10

draper days.


On Saturday night, my family left me home alone, and I was bored. Thankfully, Kim called me and asked me if I wanted to do something. We decided to go to the little Chinese diner Sara works at, and wait for her to get off so we could get the night started.
When I arrived, Kim had finished her dinner, and we sat at the little table, talking to Sara, who stood behind the counter, until she got off. Meanwhile, I met Sara's co-worker, Chuck, who apparently hated everyone named Megan, because his girlfriend, Megan, had just broken up with him. After a few minutes, I realized why she did. Chuck was a TOOL! He was full of himself, and kind of rude. But it's okay, because we left a while later.
When Sara got off, we decided to go to Draper Days. When we got there, it was PACKED. I don't think I've seen so many people, except for maybe at Warped Tour. We had to park in a neighborhood and walk a few blocks to the park.
When we finally got there, we looked at a lot of booths. There were a ton of them, and we didn't even visit half of them. Then we decided to go sit down and watch people, because people do really funny things when they think they're not being watched. So we did just that, and we laughed really hard everytime we saw someone walking funny, or touching their wife's butt, or tripping over themselves. It was awesome. People watching is one of my favorite activities. Then Kim bought a little frog for her aquarium.
We were going to stay for the fireworks, but they were taking too long to go off, so we decided to walk back to the car and go somewhere else. As we were walking in the dark, we passed a car among a lot of other cars. I thought I saw something inside, so I looked closer. Then I yelled, "HOLY CRAP!" and pointed at the car. Inside was a guy with a hockey mask on, just staring at us. Kim screamed, and we all just stood there for about 5 seconds, not knowing whether to run or keep walking. Then all of a sudden we all just booked it the way we came. When we stopped and regained our cool, we walked back, and the guy was gone. It gave me the willies. As we kept walking, we noticed that the lawns in this particular neighborhood were very lush and nice, so we laid down on one! It was the best grass I've ever rested my head upon.
We ended the night by going to Harmon's and considering to have a dance party in the parking lot, but a certain someone (Saraaaaaaa) "wasn't in the mood." So instead, we went into Harmon's and bought drinks. Then we went home. The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment