7/27/10

brooke's diaper.

Just a quick post about the most exciting part of my day yesterday...

My mom usually tends my one-year-old niece, Brooke, a few days a week while her mom works. Well, my mom was tending her yesterday, but had to leave somewhere, so she asked Rachel to tend Brooke until she got back. Rachel agreed, and my mom left.

When Brooke woke up from her nap, her diaper was just about to burst from all the poop that was inside, and she stunk a most terrible stank. Rachel asked me to change her diaper, because I "knew how to change a diaper," but I refused, telling her that she needs to learn how to so she can do it when she has kids. We argued about it for probably 20 minutes. Rachel was practically begging me to do it. "Megan, PLEASE change her diaper. I don't know how to. Are you going to make Brooke suffer?!" "Rach! How are you ever going to learn if you don't do it?" "Megan, I CAN'T. I just.... I just can't."

After arguing, I finally just gave in, but I told Rachel that she had to take off Brooke's pants (because they had poo juice all over them) and take her diaper out to the garbage when I was finished. Rachel nervously attempted to take off Brooke's pants, but ran out of the room, yelling, "I can't do this!" I laughed, and took off Brooke's pants. When I opened her diaper, I almost gagged. Rachel actually did gag, and went into the bathroom and threw up. Yes, it was that bad.

I started wiping the poop from off of Brooke's privates when all of the sudden she peed a huge puddle of pee on the changing pad. As she laid there in her pee and poo particles, crying and getting bodily waste all over the bottom half of her body, I stood up and yelled, "Rach! I can't do this. I'm leaving. Come finish this." I walked away, and Rachel came out. We just stood there, not knowing what in the heck to do. Thankfully, my mom pulled up right then and took care of everything we left. It was the most disgusting diaper change I've ever experienced. And the most dramatic, too.

(Brooke, 9 months old)

No comments:

Post a Comment