3/31/09

"realize."

I have a habit of, every now and then, pulling out my notebooks I like to randomly write in, and read them. Tonight was one of those nights.
As I was looking through one of them, I came across a poem that a friend had written, that I had written down. This friend happens to be a guy, who happened to have a crush on me a while ago. I'm not sure if he wrote this for me or not, but he did share it with me. At the end of the poem, I wrote something down, directed to myself, so watch for that. I don't want to say his name, but I do want to remember who wrote it, so we'll call him S.W.Smith.

9 April 2008
"I hold you in my arms; I look deep in your eyes.
The beauty you hold deep in your heart.
I wonder what kind of man I am to have a girl like you--
The most beautiful thing on earth, in my arms tonight.
You know me better than I know me.
I let you in my heart; I trust you with all I have.
Please don't break me.
When I hold you in my arms, I get lost in your beauty.
Not knowing how to handle what our future holds.
When love passes by, I wish like a shooting star that everything will be okay.
That we will be together forever.
Uncertainty has its hold on me. It slowly drags me down.
The fight is hard.
My love for you makes me champion.
Nothing can tear me down; my love for you is strong.
Nothing will break us apart.
I love you."
"Megan.
Don't you realize that this is exactly what you want your husband to say to you?
Don't you realize that this is who you want your husband to be? Realize."

No comments:

Post a Comment