4/8/09

adventures with chuck.

The past few days have been the best I've had for a while now. Not that my life is horrible and flamboyant, but the time I spent with a guy named Chuck blew my regular daily activities out of the water. And it goes like this...

Friday, day one:
It all started when Chuck drove up from Las Vegas to stay with us. He got here in the early evening, and I helped him carry his stuff inside. Being the gentleman that he is, he gave me the heaviest bag he had. When he was all settled, he talked to my mom about Daniel (because Chuck and Daniel were in the same mission), while Dylan, Rachel and I made dinner. We ate, and headed over to Brynn's house for a night filled with Rock Band, cookies, and Chuck's poo juice, which needed a refill, so Dylan took care of that using Chuck's butt. When everyone was beat, we all went home and slept.

Saturday, day two:
Shopping with my parents! We went to Costco, and Smith's. Oh, and between the two, we stopped by Brynn's because Chuck left his coat there the night before. At Costco, we saw seafood! I gagged! Chuck made a look that described him as feeling hungry. I think we were made for each other. At Smith's, we picked out apples to peel for apple dumplings the next day. Chuck put a rotten one in my bag. I hit [on] him. When we arrived home, we decided to hike up to the water towers by my house. When we got there, Chuck decided that he wanted to climb up the water tower, and wanted me to, also. "What?! I can't do that!" After about 20 minutes of arguing about it, he finally talked me into it, and with the help of his upper body strength holding me up, I soon found myself on top of the water tower. We talked and took pictures. As we climbed down, he let me sit on his shoulders to help me get down. "Okay, Chuck, let me down." I said, after I was safely off the water tower. He didn't. Instead, he walked with me on his shoulders down a good part of the mountain, as I half yelled at him to let me down, half laughed my head off. Now that I think about it, I should have farted on him. Later that night, he went to Priesthood with my dad, my brother, Matt, and my grandpa while I tended my grandma. He fell asleep in Priesthood. Tisk tisk.












Sunday, day three:

Conference! We started the day off with watching the morning session of conference in the basement. After it was finished, Chuck and I headed downtown to watch the afternoon session in the Conference Center. We parked 6 blocks away, and we were late. They almost didn't let us in, but they saw the innocence shining in my eyes and I said in a soft voice, "I just want to see the prophet." They felt so bad, and let both of us in right away. Okay, so that was a lie. But we were late, and they did end up letting us in after a while. As we were walking back to the car, there was a man protesting against our church. He was yelling outside the conference center, holding a big sign. I can't remember exactly what he was yelling, but I remember he was a very large and angry man. As we walked past him, he started walking our way in an angry manner. I didn't see it, but Chuck said he (Chuck) gave him a "I'll beat you up if you touch her" look. I guess it worked, because he didn't touch me! When we got home, we were greeted by my brothers and their wives, and both sets of my grandparents. We ate apple dumplings and ate soup. Later, when everyone left, we played board games as a family.

Monday, day three:
Happy Birthday to me! This day was my birthday, and I turned 19! "Now you're only 3 years younger than me," said Chuck. "It's less creepy!" I had to go to school this day, so as I did, Chuck drove around and did his own thang. I got home before he did. Before he got home, he called me and said, "I'm almost home, but you've gotta do something for me. Go somewhere where you won't be able to see me when I walk in the door, and don't come up until I tell you to." I agreed, and wandered down into my room. When he was finished, he came downstairs, right in front of my bedroom door, and called me and told me to come out. As I walked out, he was hiding in the landry room, and he jumped out and scared me. After I got my cool back, we decided to go to temple square for my birthday. When we arrived, we got a tour of the Conference Center roof, which was beautiful, then headed over to the JSMB to watch the Joseph Smith movie. I thought I'd cry. Chuck thought I would, too. But I didn't. Before we headed home, Chuck wanted to see my driver's lisence. "No! I look like a stoner!" I said. After compromising a little bit, I let him see it, but he agreed to sing me a song on the piano. After that, we headed home and ate some wonderful stir fry. After dinner, we were all hanging out downstairs, and Chuck ran upstairs to get "a pen" and came back down with his surprise for me: roses and chocolates. My heart just melted, and I was so excited! I gave him a great big hug. After that, Chuck and I snuck up to the water towers one last time to look at the stars and talk and enjoy each others company. It was my favorite part. We had a good talk.

Tuesday, day five:
Chuck's last day. He left in the morning, the same time I left for school. But, before he left, he whipped out the lyrics he had written me the day before, and strode over to the piano and blasted me with his musical talent. I fell in love with the song. After that, we gave each other a long hug, and left. Sad day, but amazing week.

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you guys had fun all week! Thanks so much for coming up to hang and play, I haven't laughed that hard in months, and it was so cool to see you all and meet Chuck. :D yaaaaayyy! I am so happy for your happiness.

    ReplyDelete