3/9/09

temples.

This afternoon, I had the wonderful opportunity to go to the Draper temple open house, and walk through the gorgeous House of the Lord. Despite the fact that it was freezing, and it had started to snow a ton, the temple was a really good break from it all. It was so peaceful, and you could easily feel the spirit, or atleast I could.

I've seen pictures of the rooms inside the Draper temple, and I've always thought they were really pretty, but actually being inside, looking at everything with your own eyes is so much more different. The lighting was perfect, and the chandeliers sparkled and shone so bright. It was truly amazing.

I've always wanted to get married in the temple. It's always been my goal, and I've always been super excited for it; to be sealed for time and all eternity with the man I love. But today, walking through and seeing the brides' dressing room, and the sealing rooms, got me so much more excited about temple marriage. I can't wait to meet that one man who will be worthy to take me to the temple and who loves me so much to be sealed to me forever. I'm looking forward to that day.

As we walked through, my dad was quietly explaining to me what all the rooms were used for. I could tell he was really excited about it, and he wanted me to know everything! I also think he knows I'm growing up, and I could, quite possibly, be getting married in a few years. I think it scares him half to death, but I know he's okay with it, because he and my mom have taught me well. A few months ago, my dad complimented me on having the strongest testimony out of all his kids at my age. That really meant a lot to me.

I'm excited to go to the temple and get my endowments with my mom. I'm also excited to kneel across the altar and be sealed to the man I love. Today has given me a whole new perspective.


One of the five sealing rooms in the Draper temple.

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it beautiful? I wished I could stay there forever!

    ReplyDelete