8/13/10

nate.

I work at a foster care place. At work, I hang out with foster kids. I've been working there for over 2 years, and I've worked with ol' Nate ever since I began, except for the 8 months I was living down at school last year.
Nate and I are buds. Since I've been working with him for nearly 2 years, we've become brother and sister practically. He even knows my family, and calls my parents "mom" and "dad." Since Nate and I are brother-and-sister close, we (get this) act like a brother and sister would. We laugh and sing at the top of our lungs, and even dance together in public places, but we also argue and get mad at each other. Sometimes he gets mad at me when I won't take him to the Nickelcade everyday, and I try to explain to him that we don't have money to do anything. We go off at it for a while, but it usually ends with me ignoring him because he won't listen to me. We always seem to brush it off in the end, though.
I've also just recently noticed that I am probably a bad influence for him. I noticed it two days ago, when he was telling me that he might have school today, and if he did, he wouldn't be able to go to the water park with the rest of the group. I was really looking forward to going to the water park, and so I said, "Nate, when you have a choice between going to school and going to a water park, you ALWAYS choose the water park."
Later that day, I was eating cantaloupe, and he asked for a piece. I gave him one, but it fell on the floor. I said, "Eat it anyway!" He did.
Today, while at the store, he was buying his lunch, and I let him get whatever he wanted, which was Lunchables and Corn Nuts. Awesome, and healthy!
It's okay though. Because today was my last day of work, and right before he shut the car door when I dropped him off, I asked him who his favorite staff was, and he said, "You."
I've trained him well.

(Me and Nate, 8/9/10)

No comments:

Post a Comment