8/24/10

the latest.

Well, I arrived back from California two days ago, and it was fantastic. We drove there, with six people smooshed into our Toyota Highlander. The car rides were my least favorite part. We got to San Fran and hung out with my brother, Matt, his wife, Stephanie and their almost-one-year-old son, Aiden. We rode the trolley to Chinatown (my favorite part), toured the Winchester Mystery Mansion, and drove down the Golden Gate bridge.

After a few days in San Fran, we drove down to Cambria, which is a little town right on the beach, about three hours south on San Fran. We took Highway 101, which is the road that goes along the beach. The views were AMAZING! I kept wanting to pull over ever 2 minutes so I could take pictures. Instead, we only pulled over about three times. I got some really great shots.

Our hotel was right on the beach, and that's where I spent a lot of my time--taking pictures! We didn't do much in Cambria. We pretty much just relaxed the whole time, which was nice.

On the way back, the highway that led us home was closed due to a chemical spill, so we had to drive two hours out of our way to go around it. Awesome. Especially when your two little sisters are going nuts.

It was a pretty fun trip. I took over a thousand pictures, but I've yet to get all of them edited. So, in the meantime, enjoy these two pictures that I edited a couple of days ago.
In other news, I moved out yesterday with my friend, Erica. So far, it's great here! I love it. Our roommates are awesome; we just talked and talked last night. Their names are Annie, Amanda, Tristan and Cassidy.
While Erica and I were unpacking all of our stuff yesterday, we managed to play two pranks, which we think are hilarious.
The first one happened when Brent and Jared (friends from last year) were over, and Brent fell asleep on Erica's bed. Erica decided, "Well, if he's gonna fall asleep on my bed, he's gonna have to pay the consequences." So Erica put eye shadow and blush on one half of Brent's face while I took pictures. We didn't tell him about it until a few minutes later, even when he talked to our roommates and their mom.
The second one happened at night. Basically, this is how it went down: Erica and I were on our porch carrying in boxes, and I saw that our across-the-way neighbors had a welcome mat, and we didn't. So I whispered, "Erica, should we steal that?" and she said, "Uh-huh." It now sits in front of our front door. It's a lovely addition.
That's all for now. I will share more funny stories as soon as they happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment