8/7/10

the canyon.


A week ago, I got to drive up the canyon behind my house. On my drive up, it was sprinkling a little, and I had my window down so I could smell the pretty, wet trees that lined both sides of the road. Bon Iver, a folk band I recently discovered, was playing in the CD player, and I was loving life. I brought my camera so I could get some cool shots. I found the perfect place on a cliff overlooking both the tree covered canyon and the valley in which I live. It started to rain a little harder, but I didn't mind. I got out my camera, put the hood up on my black jacket, and walked over to the cliff and started shooting. I didn't get a lot of photos, because a few minutes later, it started pouring rain, and I didn't want my camera to get drenched. I got back into my car, and enjoyed the ride down, even though my window was up this time. I was wet, and the heater was blasting warm air on me. It was lovely. The sights were amazing, and I couldn't remember the last time I saw such gorgeous scenery. I plan to go back up before (and most definitely after) I move down to school.

No comments:

Post a Comment