8/26/10

memories: crazy roommate.

It was a day like any other, one fine Spring afternoon while living with my roommates last semester. The apartment was quiet as usual, and a few of us were already home from school. Just then, Celeste swung open the door like she usually did, scaring the bejeebers out of us for the millionth time, and stomped to her room. A few minutes later, she came out into the kitchen, and started to unload the dishwasher. Like no normal tempered person, she banged pots, pans, dishes and cupboards really loud, apparently letting us know that she was angry about something.
Lindsay and I were in the kitchen also. Eventually, after wondering if our dishes and cupboards were going to live to see another day, Lindsay asked ever so sweetly, "Celeste, are you okay?" With that, Celeste completely blew up. She started yelling (I thought her talking was loud, but her yelling... yikes) about how our apartment was such a mess, and how she was the only one who ever cleaned up (even though I'm almost positive that I had cleaned the apartment single-handedly several times), and how she just "didn't understand" what was so hard about cleaning up.
I wanted to laugh, and get my camera so I could record this horrible rampage. But regrettably, I didn't. After about 3 or 4 minutes, I got tired of listening to her crazy yelling, and I thought about going into my room, but then I remembered poor little Lindsay being targeted by Celeste, even though Lindsay wasn't the whole problem, so I stayed by her side, embarrassed for Celeste. After about 5 or 6 minutes of the intense screaming (I really wish I had recorded it. It was like nothing I have ever experienced), Celeste finally stopped, and Lindsay said, "Well, I'm sorry you feel that way. I've gotta go to work, though," and walked out the door. I wanted to laugh uncontrollably, but I didn't.
After that, Celeste went into her room and cried for about twenty minutes while talking to her mom on the phone, probably telling her what awful roommates she had. I was still in shock, thinking, "Did that really just happen? Is Celeste really crying to her mom? How old is she?"
It was probably one of the funniest days of that school year. Every time I think about it, I just have to laugh.
Did I mention Celeste is majoring in Communications? I guess she still needs some work in that area.

No comments:

Post a Comment