1/1/10

new year.

Happy New Year! With a new year comes a new post, and it's about time, isn't it?
Last night was celebrated at Erin's and Autumn's apartment (just the next building over!), playing loud games, eating way too much food, and, when the clock struck 12 o'clock, banging on pots and pans with giant spoons and throwing snow balls into the cold night air.





After we danced for the first time in 2010, Autumn, Kelsey, Skot, Sam, Asian Dave and I went back to my apartment and played card games until 4 o'clock in the morning, but not before Kory from downstairs came over and told us of how he went streaking just moments before.

This morning I woke up to an energized roommate named Kelsey jumping on top of me. I vaguely remember this, but I think I might have tackled her in between the wall and my own body. When I finally got out of bed at noon, I walked out into the living room and was sucked into the movie Mean Girls. When the movie was finished, I got ready for the day! About an hour later, it started to get dark (what the heck?!). The semi-dark, cloudy sky was looking amazingly beautiful when I went out to get the mail, so I decided to put on my coat and boots, grab my camera, and venture out into the chili, January air and take some night-time pictures. My first photo shoot of the year!




These past few days as I've been focusing on my New Year's Resolutions, I've decided to take it seriously. Not that I haven't taken my new year's resolutions seriously in the past, but I've decided to put a lot of thought into my goals this year. Here are some of the things I would like to do at this year.
  • Continue the goal of saying my prayers and reading my scriptures every night, plus say my prayers every morning, too.
  • Serve at least one person at least once a day.
  • Buy a new book each week (I want to have a library full of books when I'm older!).
  • Take more pictures.
  • Smile more often.
  • Write in my journal once a week, if not more.
  • Become comfortable OUT of my shell.
  • Live to develop a greater love of and gain a greater relationship with Heavenly Father, and strive to gain a testimony of His love for me.
We are constantly changing, whether we want to think we are or not. The new year gives us an opportunity to take control of how we change, and decide who we want to become. It's a time for gaining things that are necessary for our future growth, and putting away the things that have taught us in the past, that we no longer need to carry around anymore. But we will always keep the memories, no matter how many new years we live to see. And that's one thing I like to think life is about.
Happy 2010 everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment