11/30/09

goodbye, november.

December 2009 is only a few hours away, and I am beginning to become amazed at how fast this semester has flown by! It seems like just last week that I was moving into my apartment and starting school, wearing shorts and short-sleeved shirts. Oh how I miss you, summer. Although it's not too chilly outside (I can walk outside with an unbuttoned coat and be just fine) and it hasn't snowed yet, but I still love the summer much more than the winter, and I'm already looking forward to next summer. I love the warm.
Finals are in two weeks, and I can't even believe it. I'm taking Math 1050, English 2010, Philosophy 2050, and Photography 1050. Oh, and we can't forget Institute! Thankfully, I don't have a final exam for my English class, and the other three finals are on three different days. That way I don't need to be stressed out about rushing to my next final. I am looking forward to this.
Thanksgiving break was awesome. I loved the time I got to spend with my family, and I loved stuffing my face with Thanksgiving dinner. Rachel and Dylan were telling us about how, at Dylan's aunt's house earlier that day, they had to go around the table and tell everyone what they were thankful for. I said, "That's a great idea! Daniel, we'll start with you." Daniel went on telling what he was thankful for. The reasoning behind my insisting that everyone say what they were thankful for was only to get Daniel to do it. I didn't expect everyone else to go along with it, but, surely enough, they did. If you know my family, you'll know that we don't do things like that. Ever. We are not the type of family who hugs each other and looks for the best in each other. We are rarely bottom-of-the-heart nice to each other. Instead, we got blessed with the sarcastic genes. Sarcasm times a million. Really. So for my family to be serious about something like saying what we're thankful for rarely turns out as something serious. We make it cheesy and awkward and hilarious. I'll let your mind do the wandering of what we said we were thankful for... I will add that Sara's was the best one.
I AM SO EXCITED FOR THE HOLIDAYS. Here, I'll show you how excited I am. I will extrapolate to you in list-form.
  • Festival of Trees (I'm hoping I can find time to go).
  • Going to Temple Square (Seeing the lights is one of my oldest memories of the Chirstmas season).
  • The Forgotten Carols (That play makes me cry everytime).
  • First day of snow (Even though I hate the cold, I do love the snow. Just not the ice in the roads).
  • Going to Las Vegas with my whole family (We do this every year. Even my sister from California goes with us).
  • CHRISTMAS (I just love that day).
  • New Year's Eve (Doesn't everyone love this holiday?).

It seems like the things I have to look forward to keep me going. Then, when those things run out, I find more things to look forward to. It's one big round. That's life, and I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment