4/27/09

summer adventures.

Okay, so I really should be writing that paper that's due at 9:00 in the morning tomorrow, but I've just gotta get a few things off my mind first...
First of all, I just wanted to express how incredibly HAPPY I am that the warm and sunny weather is finally here! It's been hiding for quite a while, and now it's bright and cheerful--just the way I like it!
I also wanted to make a list of things I have been DYING to get out and do. In the past few months of my life, it seems that I've either been cooped up in my house with nothing to do, at school with plenty (maybe too much) to do, or at work for hours. Because of this, I haven't had time to do most of what I'd like to do. But, I'll be finished with my finals in two days, and this is worth celebrating! So, I've got the list. I just need to get out there and do it!

  • Go to the temple and do baptisms, and just enjoy the beauty it brings outside.
  • Drive to the lake in Daybreak, and enjoy the sights.
  • Go to an Open Mic Night at Trevortex.
  • Attend one of The Continentals' park shows.
  • Take a day and dedicate it to driving around and taking pictures of magical things.
  • Hike up to Ensign Peak and watch the sunset. (Maybe with a hot date, eh?)
  • Go on a photo shoot with Kendall, and be his model.
  • Watch a thunderstorm outside, wrapped up in a blanket, just like I used to do when I was little.
  • Dance in the rain, and jump in the puddles.
  • Hang out with friends on a sky walk.
  • Go to a park and swing, and swing, and swing.
  • Have a picnic.
  • Build a "No Boys Allowed" fort, and watch movies in it with my girl friends.
  • Jump on the trampoline at dusk.
  • Walk around the Murray Park and enjoy the scenery. (It is my favorite park...)
  • Walk around downtown Salt Lake City with a friend or two.
  • Have a[nother] sleepover with Sarah and Erica, and discuss gospel topics.
  • Hold a Mexican Fiesta cook-off at my house. (Side note: Bring sombreros.)
  • Crash a stake dance with Emily and Erica.
  • DATE.

This list turned out longer than I had planned... But it's okay! The summer is still young, and I've got adventure gleaming through my eyes! And, I'm off!

2 comments:

  1. Walk around downtown with me! I know where to go for some cute fun! :) This is a great list. Please feel free to invite me to some of these activities. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude, can we please build a fort? And sit on a skywalk with trail mix? Maybe even build a fort ON a skywalk... haha kidding! Too much.

    ReplyDelete