12/17/10

post-final update.

After being stressed and overwhelmed for the past few months, spending countless hours in the darkroom, eating pan dulce in Spanish class, and getting through four finals, I can finally say I'm done with school for the rest of the year!
It's weird; whenever I get on the computer, or do something that's not really productive, I tell myself, "You need to be doing homework." Then I remember that I don't have any! Oh! The feeling is wonderful.
My family is going to Las Vegas on Monday, and I'm pretty excited about that. For Wednesday night, my dad bought tickets for all of us to see the Blue Man Group live. Since I'm a drummer, I am fantastically excited. I'm also excited to take pictures of Vegas. I'm not as good as I want to be, but I feel like I'm slowly getting better at being a photographer. I went to the OK Go concert last week (BEST CONCERT EVER!!!), and I took somewhere around 600 pictures, all shot in manual mode. I couldn't do that before my Photo II class. And most of them turned out really well, so I'm satisfied. I'll post some of them later.
Tonight Zac is taking me out to Cafe Rio (I swear, if he could eat there everyday of his life, he would. But I'm not arguing.), and then we're going to go ice skating with Levi, a guy Zac works with, and his girlfriend. I haven't been ice skating since February, when I met Logan and Jason, so I'm pretty happy right now.

A part of me wants to become a great photographer (actually, all of me wants to do this part), move to a foreign city with great sights (like Rome, Madrid, France or London) with one of my best friends, never get married, never have kids, and take beautiful pictures for the rest of my life. That would be my dream! But then I remember that as much as I want to live that life, I want even more to have an amazing man by my side who will help my raise my children I've always wanted. Yeah, that rules out moving to Italy anyday.

I'm still going to become one of the greatest photographers of all time though. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment