11/7/10

flashback from the 40's.

Last night, Zac and I went to a 40's themed party at Brittany's apartment. Actually, it was 40's-60's themed, but I didn't have any clothes that looked enough like the 50's or 60's, so Zac and I dressed up as a 40's couple, which ended up being a good thing, because everyone there was dressed up in 40's outfits.
When I went home on Friday, I asked my mom to help me pick out some good costumes for Zac and me, and she got really excited about it. She said that Zac could wear my dad's old Navy uniform, and I decided to wear my black dress. We went to the party as a Navy Seal and his sexy girlfriend. Think Rafe and Evelyn from Pearl Harbor, except switch the Air Force to the Navy.
When we got there, Brittany had [fake] alcoholic beverages set out for drinking, and snack foods like pretzels, nuts and shrimp. Forties music played in the background while everyone talked about sophisticated things (like politics and the death of John F. Kennedy) while drinking martini's (sparkling apple cider), wine (grape juice) and beer (root beer). We even had a shot glass competition to see who could down 6 shot glasses of apple juice the fastest. It was great! Later into the night, Brittany broke out the [fake] cigarettes, and people were smokin'!
Oh, and yes, Zac, the Navy Seal, has a beard. Hawt.

1 comment: