11/16/09

time.

My life as a college student is not as busy as I thought it would be. I'm taking 13 credits, and working on average about 14 hours a week. Minus about 7 hours of sleep each night, that leaves me with about 82 extra hours in the week to study, eat, clean, go to the store, and do stupid things that waste my time.
Here is a list of things I do when I'm bored that I'd like to think are productive, but really aren't productive at all. They just get you even more bored, which I hate.
    • Facebook. My number one url I type into the search engine, and the biggest waste of my time.
    • Reading blogs. Namely, my sister's blog. It's way too funny to give up entirely, but when I visit her blog, I find myself reading all her posts over and over again. You'll know what I mean when you read them.
    • Watching The Office. I'm really not a TV-watching person. I rarely turn on the TV and start watching. This action usually only happens when someone else is watching TV, and I'm interested in what they're watching. My roommate is a big fan of The Office, and has a few seasons on DVD. This is probably not a good thing, but I love it.
    • Checking the fridge. It's become a habit of mine to check to see what kind of food is in the fridge whenever I'm bored, although I rarely eat anything when I do. I'm not realizing how weird that really is.
    • Pacing. If you find me walking aimlessly and redundantly around my apartment, you can know for certain that I am bored.
    • Texting my friends. They probably get so annoyed that I text them with nothing to talk about. I should be considerate and stop.

As ashamed I am at this list, I am also proud to admit that I do things that are somewhat productive with my time, too. They are as follows.

  • Writing in my journal. My only motivation for this is knowing that hopefully when I'm dead (or at least older), my kids will read it and get a feel for who I really am.
  • Reading my scriptures/saying my prayers. I was raised and taught to do this every night, and so I try my hardest to do it every night. Out of everything I do in a day, I think this is the most beneficial.
  • Homework. Believe it or not, I do do my homework! And as a result, I just got a 93% on my math test, which made my day. Homework, although boring and frustrating, is important to me.
  • Spending time with friends. I've got to develop good, lasting relationships, right?!

Okay, so I need a longer list...

No comments:

Post a Comment