You see, I hate spending money, but I love buying new things. This used to be a problem for me, until I realized, "Dude, I can still buy things, and not spend very much money!" It always bugs me when people claim they're frugal when they spend $30.00 on a shirt. For rizzle? I could buy, like, 6 pizzas with that! That could feed me for weeks!
If you're newly married, or if you're a poor college student, or both, or if you just don't want to spend $30.00 on a shirt, keep reading; this blog is for you. I've taught myself how to get the most of my money, how to get things for cheap, and how to save money I would've otherwise spent.
Today, I want to make a list of fun things to do--whether you're a college student, married, or whatever--that cost little to no money. AWESOME.
- See a movie at the dollar theater. Who wants to spend $8.00-$10.00 on a movie when you can just wait a few weeks and see it for $1.00? Sometimes they even have student discounts, and you can see the movie for less than a dollar!
- Go on a hike. What could be better than being in the great outdoors and exercising at the same time? Pack some snacks, take your camera, and you're set to have a good time.
- Get some friends together and do a service project. If you have a good attitude, they can be a lot of fun! Visit people in the hospital, rake someones leaves, tend a child.
- Tye dye! If you get enough people to do it and split the cost of the kit, it'll be super cheap, and you'll look like a hippie afterwards! Sweet!
- Play board games. They're fun with lots of people.
- Play night games! Buy a bunch of glow sticks (I just got a pack of 15 for $1.00 at Target last night!), cut them open and splatter them all over yourself, and play night games to your heart's content!
- Draw with sidewalk chalk. Outline peoples' bodies, draw pictures of flowers and happiness, even play hopscotch.
- Volunteer somewhere. A few years ago, I volunteered at the Humanitarian Center and put together survival kits for people in other countries. It was a blast!
- Go ice blocking. There's nothing like sliding down a big hill with a cold bum.
- Paint your nails. Eat snacks while you do it. Emily and I like to call this, "Nums and Nails."
- Go window shopping. Sometimes when I'm itching to buy something, this satisfies the need. Plus, it's fun.
- Wash your car. Best thing ever! Free car wash, and it usually turns into an awesome water fight.
- Make a music video with your friends. You'll probably laugh your head off at it a few years down the road, just like Emily and I did.
- Go on a picnic. This idea is just fantastic. That's that.
- Fly kites. Whenever I do this, I always end up laughing hysterically.