9/15/10

to mom.

Dear Mom,
I miss you. I am doing fine here at school. Erica and I made new friends last week with some guys named Wes, Zac, Nick and Ryan. We mostly just hang out (every night until midnight or later) with Wes and Zac. In fact, last night they came over and the four of us had a four-way spooning session while we watched Moon Struck. It was awkward, and I didn't want to do it at first, but they talked me into it, and I fell asleep while spooning (and twitched).
I signed up for a Mission Prep class in Institute last week, and made a friend named Mark, who is hilarious, and, after meeting him for the first time on Monday, he gave me a huge hug today and scratched my back, too! He's 18, and has white chucks, that I very much approve of. My Mission Prep teacher is Brother Lewis. He remembers me from last year when I took Book of Mormon from him. Today he made me direct the devotional, and also "let" me give the spiritual thought. I'm coming out of my shell! Are you proud?
My roommates are all pretty awesome, and our kitchen has stayed decently clean for a few days now, which amazes me. I still have to clean it up everyday or so though. Remember how I hate cleaning up in our kitchen at home? I think it's because that kitchen is HUGE, and the one down here is pretty small.
I have a sore throat from staying up so late with Erica, Wes and Zac, so today I plan to go to the grocery store with Rachel (I worked with her in the summer. She's a staff--not a foster kid) and buy some Simply Orange, because any other orange juice is pretty gross compared to Simply Orange. Oh, and I'm gonna get some cough drops.
Today in Photography, I took photos on a whole roll of film just to find out that the roll of film couldn't be developed at the school, because it was "Color Black & White." It made me mad, but it's okay, because that roll of film was a test, meaning I only took pictures of a black sheet and a white wall. And I wrote all my shutter speeds and aperture settings down, so when I get new film today, I can just do it again, probably in 5 minutes or so. I'm learning so much in Photography, and I love it, even though it sometimes makes me want to shoot someone. Did you ever learn about the Zone System? It's pretty awesome.
Tomorrow night, Erica and I are having a Pie Party. We invited most our Orem/Provo friends. We're going to make some pies before everyone comes, and have other people bring some too, and eat pie all night long, and probably play some board games I stole from the house. (Don't worry, I took the ones you guys don't play that much.)
Thanks for all you do for me, like making me really good and healthy dinner and cutting my hair. I'm taking care of myself down here, and haven't gained a pound yet, which is sa-weet. I'm making friends (like the ones I met today named Steve and Tyler) and I'm enjoying myself. Happy early birthday (on Monday!). I love you a lot, woman.

Love, your favorite daughter who makes good choices and doesn't drink, smoke, have sex, run away from home, kiss hot Turkish models (even though they're really attractive) or have bad friends, and listens to good music, Megan :)

No comments:

Post a Comment