9/10/10

college.

I've been living here at school for almost two weeks now, and I thought it might be a good idea to update.

On August 25th, after the first day of school, I went to my Stake Social with Asian Dave, and later Derek showed up. The bishops from each ward were handing out questionairres for us to get to know the opposite sex, and slips of paper that said, "Hi, I'm ________. (___) ___-_____" I asked one of the bishops, "Are you guys trying to get us married off?" He looked and me and said, "Well, yeah." I laughed and walked away. I met up with my roommates from last year, and Laura gave me a slip of paper with her number that said, "Hi, I'm interested in you." Yusss.

(Laura's slip she gave me)

Later, when Derek got off work, we headed over to the shell and watched a variety show put on by members of the stake. Then every bishop from each ward did a Q&A, and answered [made up] questions [about marriage] in lip sync form, while dancing to the songs that played. It had me cracking up.

(Derek, me and Asian Dave at the variety show)

On August 28th, Erica and I headed over to Brittany's apartment for a ballin' (still don't know what that word means) party. I invited Ceyhun and Derek, and we all played Twister (okay, so really only Britany, Braden, some other guy and I played Twister while everyone else watched), talked and ate cake. When Justin got there, he gave all the girls a white rose, which I thought was pretty dang sweet. But then he lied to me about there being a guy who shot himself in my bedroom a few years ago. We also met a guy named Tyler Long-Partei. Sweet. Later, Erica, Ceyhun, Derek and I went back to my apartment and watched Big Daddy.

(Me and Erica with our roses Justin gave us)

(Brittany and Braden thought it would be funny to make a doggy pile on me)

(Megan V., Erica and me with Tyler Long-Partei)

On August 30th, I found out that my next-door neighbor, Jared, plays the drums like me, so I showed him my drum machine and we played with it for a while. Amanda watched.

(Amanda, me and Jared with my drum machine)

On September 1st, I went to my Ward Social with Rachel (I worked with Rachel over the summer and convinced her to move to my complex) and Annie (one of my roommates). We were amazed at how much amazing food there was--really. It blew my mind. After eating a ton of food, we met up with Jordan (he lives on the bottom floor of my building) and jumped on the tramp and had a dance party with the other wardies. I met some girls in my ward who are from Queens, which is awesome, because that's where August is serving.

(Jordan, Annie, me and Rachel at the Ward Social)

(The girls from Queens!)

After the Ward Social, Erica was at Derek's, so Rachel, Annie and I thought it would be funny to walk into Derek's apartment and sit on his couch. We sat there for about 5 or 10 minutes, telling each other how bad we all had to fart. He finally realized that we were on his couch, and we all started dancing and playing with his soccer ball and putting stools on our heads. Derek was annoyed, but I thought it was funny.

(Me and Rachel: stool heads!)

(Dancin' it out at Derek's)

On September 3rd, my complex had a BBQ. It wasn't very exciting, but I thought I'd show this picture of two of our next-door neighbors. This is what I have to look at everyday.

(Alex, Jared, me and Annie at the BBQ)

On September 4th, I drove home and went to Cherry Hill for a family reunion. I hung out with my two sisters, Rachel and Sara, and three of our friends: Kim, Shanny and Ashley. We went down the best waterslide in the world about a hundred times, ate dinner, went rock climbing, hit up the batting cages and played mini golf into the night. When we got back from our activities, we saw some dutch oven peach cobbler that my Aunt Marsha had made. We stuffed our faces (literally) until there was almost nothing left. As we drove home, we realized that Aunt Marsha was probably just letting the cobbler cool off. Whoops.

(Clockwise: me, Shanny, Sara, Ashley and Kim)

(Me at the batting cages)


On September 8th, Erica wanted to convert me back over to her Vegetarian ways, so she made Vegetarian Lasagne for me, Rachel and Asian Dave, and I made carmel popcorn. We cooked and baked together in the kitchen in our skivvies while listening to Belle & Sebastian. The Lasagne was delightful, and after eating it, we all hung out in my living room and talked about Sandy and how good at maths she is.

(Erica and me making lasagne and carmel popcorn)

Later that night, we went over to our new friends' apartment who live two miles and a moutain away (they live in the furthest building from us on the bottom floor, and we live on the top floor of our building). Their names are Nick, Wes, Zac and Ryan. We played Rock Band, and then watched YouTube videos. I don't know who brought it up, but we all pretty much decided that we needed to have a 7-way spooning session. It's yet to happen.

On September 9th, which was yesterday, I decided to make homemade pizza for our new friends. They came over when I was still cooking, so we all just hung out in the kitchen and talked while the pizza was cooking. After we ate, we all watched YouTube videos (again) and then decided to walk the two miles and a mountain to their apartment to watch Troll 2 (best movie ever). When the movie was done we all ate candy corn together, and then us girls walked home.

(Rachel, me and Erica)

(Left to right: Zac, Wes, Ryan, me, Erica, Rachel and Nick)

2 comments:

  1. I friggin' love Jared! I always said if he were taller I'd be all over it.

    ReplyDelete