3/15/10

caught.

My friend, August, texts me from his email every Monday morning for an hour at 9:00 am. This just happens to be the time I have my Gender Roles class. Almost every Monday in class, I have texted August, and hid it from the professor, who thinks we're high school students who should keep their cell phones in the pockets.
Today, while texting August under my desk, my teacher yelled, "YOU!" I looked up and she was pointing right at me. "You just lost all your participation points for the whole semester for texting. Put your phone away!"
"Oh, crap," I thought, while hiding my phone better instead of putting it away. Then I realized that my professor doesn't know my name. How do I know this?
  1. The semester is more than halfway finished, and she still has us put our name tags out.
  2. I never put mine out.
  3. Throughout the whole class, I've commented on the lecture one time. Therefore, she does not think to remember my name, because she won't need to. I barely participate.
  4. At the beginning of the semester, she admitted that she was horrible at memorizing names. Hence, the name tags.

The fact that Spring Break starts on Wednesday is even more perfect, because then she'll forget all about taking away my points, because the next time I see her will be a week from today.

I'm kind of proud of myself for not getting caught until now for texting. I'm better at hiding my phone than I thought! Can I get a what-what?

No comments:

Post a Comment