2/4/10

my life is average.

I admit that, over the past week or two, I have found myself on the My Life is Average website. I can't help that the posts on it are beyond hilarious--maybe even funnier than my own life. But my whole day today felt like one huge MLIA post. It kept me laughing throughout the day, as well as letting me think my life was some sort of epic adventure.
The day started like any other; I got up early and got ready for school. On my way out the door, I got my keys out to lock it. Just as I shut the door, my lanyard got stuck in it--and the door was locked. At this time, Jared from upstairs walked past me and laughed at me. I felt defeated. I fumbled with my keys until I found the right one, and stuck it in the lock. To make that situation a little more awkward, I was on the phone with my roommate, Kelsey, which limited me to using only one of my hands. But, nevertheless, I got my lanyard out of the door, and headed off to school.
On the way to Spanish from Institute, my Spanish class buddy, Dallin, caught up with me and started talking about how weird it was that the guy who just drove past was blaring his music with his windows down. "The only time I do that is when I have Enya or Yani playing on my radio." Needless to say, I think I'm in love.
In my Latin Dance class, it was Creeper Cody's turn to dance with me. As he walked over to me, undressing me with his eyes, he said in a deep, smooth voice, "Hey, how are you doing?" Trying not to gag, shutter, or run away, I half heartedly said, "Pretty good, dude," trying to get the point across that I am in no way attracted to him. Not only that, but he had bad timing. I'm a drummer. Bad timing bugs me.
On the shuttle on the way home from school, I was sitting by Kenzie who lives two buildings down from me. We've talked once or twice, but that's it. She tapped me on the shoulder, held out her ear bud, and asked, "Hey, want to listen to Mr. Roboto with me?" Filled with joy, I said, "Yes! I love that song!" We rode the whole way home, saying nothing, just listening to Mr. Roboto playing on her iPod. A perfect way to end school.
A few hours later, I talked Kelsey into going with me to the school's Tailgate Party. I think she said, "This better not be gay," about twenty times. "I'm going to keep saying it until I know it's not gay, or until I find out it is gay, and in that case, it will affect your destiny." When we got there, there were about fifteen people there, and we decided to turn around right then, and walk back to the car. Best Tailgate Party ever.
Four words: My life is average.

No comments:

Post a Comment