6/24/09

journal vs. blog

Oh dear, it's been over a month since I've posted here. I created this blog thinking, I don't have enough time to write in my journal. I type faster than I write. I'll post on this blog so I don't have to write in my journal as much. It'll be great! but about a month ago I promised myself that I would try my hardest to write in my personal journal everyday, and I have (give or take a few late nights). I guess that all in all I like writing in my journal more than I like posting blog entries. I can be more open about, well, anything in my journal because I know I'm going to be the only one who reads it for a while. But when I post on my blog, anyone can read it; even people I don't know. There are just things I write in my journal that I would never dream of posting here because they are too personal.
I laugh at myself as I realize that I have just taken the time to justify why writing in my journal is better than blogging, because before I posted, I was in the middle of writing in my journal.

Good reasons why writing in my journal is better than blogging:

  • If some mysterious virus enters all the computers in America and deleted everything from off of the Internet, I'll still have my journal.
  • Writing in my journal improves my handwriting.
  • I can be more open and talk freely about whatever is on my mind while writing in my journal.
  • Reading is universal--everyone can do it. But my kids are going to be way too advanced to work "Blogger.com." It's like me trying to work a record player. I never have, and I probably will never know how to.

It's settled. Journal time wins. But, nonetheless, I will still post here, because I like it.

1 comment: